Friday, January 9, 2015

DIY weighted blanket

I've been hearing about weighted blankets and there benefits for children with SPD &ASD (sensory processing disorder / Autism Spectrum Disorder) for quite some time..Brock has a very hard time falling and staying asleep at night, where some nights he, and myself included end up with 3-5 hours per night. I thought I'd give it a go, so I looked up the cost if I would order one online and they are anywhere between $150-$300 I didn't want to spend that much yet, until I knew whether or not it would help him..so I found a DIY website and made my own for him. It isn't anything spectacular, but the cost was between $30-40. He's used it 3 times now, and it's helped him fall asleep in less than 10 minutes. The blanket weighs around 5 pounds, as I didn't feel comfortable using more weight than this for Brock. Some use up to 15 lbs. Pics are below.

No comments:

Post a Comment