Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Brock-isms

My mom has been asking me forever to make a blog full of the funny things Brock has said or done over the years. It was hard to pick, but I chose 23..yeah there's plenty more, but I'm saving those for a project I've been working on...I was down with pneumonia last week, which gave me some free time I don't normally have to go through old journals, blogs, and Facebook posts. So mom, since you've been my biggest supporter/champion this is for you:

July 9, 2010
-So Brock came running out of the bathroom to tell me he 'poop in the potty'. I go running in the bathroom ALL EXCITED to find he left me Cheetos there instead.

February 1st, 2011
- Brock woke me up and gave me a big hug. I said to him, 'I love you Mr. Brock.' He looks at me and says, ''Aww I love ME too mommy.''

February 23rd, 2011
- I wake up to Brock with his radio on, and dancing at 3:30 a.m. I ask him what he's doing, and he says ''what mom I'm partying!" I told him it's time to go back to bed and he told me to go ahead and lay down, Brock will be OK.

March 3rd, 2011
- Ran into Walmart tonight to get a few things , and Brock saw diapers when we passed by that section. He says'' Mommy I need diapers''. I tell him he doesn't need diapers because we have plenty. A few minutes later a lady is talking to him and he tells this stranger that his mommy won't buy him diapers and he really needs to go potty. I never received a dirtier look from another person, than the one that stranger gave me.

September 16th, 2011
- At my sisters house and this guy came to pump the sewer. I stepped outside with Brock and he says to the guy ' Not fair, my mom won't let me poop outsid!"

January 17th, 2012
- When you ask me my sons name, and I tell you it's Brock, and you giggle and say like BARACK Obama, trust me I'm not laughing with you.

April 27th, 2012
- Apparently Brock got hungry during the middle of the night. Walked into his bedroom to check on him and he had lunch meat, crackers and a tub of peanut butter on his bed. He looked at me and said, what, I wanted breakfast but it's still dark out.

May 7th,2012
- Brock asked if he could eat some of my spicy peppers, and I let him know that kids usually don't like spicy foods. He says '' well some kids do. Don't say all kids, cause you don't know all the kids of the world.''

June 20th, 2012
- Who needs refrigerator/ freezer locks anyways? When a 3 year old wants breakfast, they want it now. Even if it consists of sitting on the kitchen floor-indian style, while digging his chubby hands in a big tub of ice cream at 6 a.m. So I did what any normal parent would do..grabbed some spoons and joined him.

July 29th, 2012
- Brock to his 3 day old cousin, Sienna, who was crying '' quiet sweetheart, you're annoying me!"

August 4th, 2012
-Awkward moment when Brock gets mistaken for a girl at the store. Even more awkward when he says, excuse me ma'am, I'm a boy, I stand when I go potty.''

October 18th, 2012
-i was telling Brock I needed to make him an appointment to cut his hair. Which is never fun. Brock says' mother, I can only look this good if YOU cut my hair.''

November 13, 2012
-Disciplining Brock would be so much easier if he wasnt so quick witted, and made me laugh so much. Watched him do something he wasnt suppose to, and when asked about it he says, ''Oh that? That wasn't me. That was the Brock next door..the one with the curly hair.'' Energy.please.kick.in.

November 28th, 2012
- Found a phone number that has a recorded message from Santa that kids can listen to. For months I've told Brock that I know Santa's phone number, and he didn't believe me. So today when "Santa'' called and said I know when you've been naughty or nice'' Brocks mouth dropped open and he says '' Oh shoot! You were right. I guess I can't be naughty anymore!" Evil or genius? You tell me.

December 26th, 2012
- I feel like I'm living the real life version of a musical right now. Lately Brock has turned every single thing he does into a song ''I'm going to the bathroom, I really have too gooooo'' Mooom I'm hungry, chicken sounds gooooood'' I'm really getting sleepy, can yoouu puuut meee toooo beeeed'' Just a few examples and unfortunately it's quite catchy'.

February 1st, 2013
-If you've ever wondered if you can teach a cat to sit, shake or fetch the answer is yes. Brock has been asking for a dog, and I told him he needs to be more responsible with our cats first. Well..he showed me. Well played Brock, well played.

February 10th, 2013
that awkward moment when Brock sings Lady GaGa's Bad Romance in my Bible Study Class.

February 19th, 2013
-Brock has officially out pranked me. This morning he was complaining he wasn't feeling well, and went running into the bathroom. A few minutes later he was saying OUCH! OUCH! Followed by some less than pleasant sounds. I walk into check on him and find him sitting on the floor playing with the fart sounds app on my tablet, laughing hysterically at me. Boys. Are. So. Gross.

April 16th, 2013
-i dyed my moms hair today, and when Brock saw it he told her Grandma! Now you don't look so much like an old lady! That boy sure knows how to lay on the charm.

May 10th, 2013
-Brock is officially my garage sale-ing side kick. He bargained down a price on a toy he wanted all on his own. Hearing him say will you take five for it, has never made me more proud. Either that, or he'll make an excellent salesman someday.

May 15th, 2013
- caught a softball with my face last night. Woke up to my right eye and cheek black and swollen. I look like I have two cheekbones on one cheek. Brock said , wow mommy, you need to do your makeup better you look like a raccoon.

January 25th, 2013
out for lunch with Brock and he had to tell every girl he saw that she was beautiful. Yeah that will be trouble when he's older.

December 23rd, 2013
-Brocks over-used excuse of the week, ''I'm only being naughty cause I want to see if Santa really won't bring me a present if I'm bad.''




No comments:

Post a Comment